Friday, June 8, 2012

Restoring Order

Oh, how I dreaded spending my first day of summer vacation cleaning house.

I did sleep in past my normal 6 am wake-up. I enjoyed two cups of coffee, sipped slowly while reading the paper and conversing with my husband.

I spent a half hour with a good book, before finally rousing myself to strip the bed, start the laundry, and begin the process of de-cluttering each room.

Each kid was given the task of cleaning up his or her space. My son resumed his pre-college purge.
My daughter stored canvases and art supplies.
My oldest began his shift from suitcases and duffel bags to shelves and drawers in his brother's newly vacated closet space.

We placed things in piles; we dusted and polished, vacuumed, swept and mopped.
As the house was put back in order my mood began to lighten.

Restoring order is part of the healing. I'm now officially ready to begin enjoying my summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment