Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Day Before the Last Day of School

I am so tired of thinking, answering questions, making decisions;
I don't want to make any decisions or answer any questions beyond,
"do you want more coffee?"

The fatigue is bone deep, and my brain is fried.
When I'm sleeping I'm dreaming about work,
graduations, kids, jobs, money, and being trapped in a cave with things I hate.

I am cranky, I've got a hair trigger temper.
I'm snapping at the slightest annoyance-
how difficult can it be to replace the paper products in our restrooms?

I crave silence,  I want peace and quiet.
I want to lie in bed and burrow under the covers.

I want to sit and drink coffee, slowly,
while reading the paper-
not skimming the headlines while gulping down joe.

I want to sit on my porch and read lots and lots of books,
and write, write, write.

I need to recharge, renew, recalibrate, rejuvenate.

No comments:

Post a Comment