Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's been raining for days and days (two weeks to be exact.)

Florida has suffered from drought conditions for quite a while, so the sudden deluge is welcome, and yet, constant rain just depresses me.

It's the beginning of summer vacation and we are trapped indoors.

We are all suffering from the effects of our forced seclusion. We are bored and weary of the constant drip, drip, drip of rain on the roof.

The t.v. is tuned to ESPN, instead of the usual thump of the basketball hitting the backboard on the driveway.

The rain darkens the house. I turn on the lights to fight the gloom that penetrates the room, and my spirit.

My mood is darkening with the sky. I am cranky, critical and annoyed at the slightest thing.

I need sunshine and porch sitting. I want to watch the birds fly around the yard, and the hummingbirds flit from blossom to blossom.

I want to see my guys playing catch in the yard, and my daughter hanging out at the pool.

I want the "sunshine" back in the Sunshine State.



No comments:

Post a Comment