Monday, June 11, 2012

Day Dreams

I haven't allowed my self the luxury of day-dreaming lately.
I've been so busy with everyday life, and have so much to be grateful for right this moment.
Day-dreaming of a different life seems almost like tempting fate, or sending a signal to the universe that I'm not content with my lot.

Or maybe it's just plain ordinary fear that has kept me from giving my mind free rein to dream big.

This fear is paralyzing my ability to dream. I am unable to see beyond the immediate. I want to be content to live in the moment, but I don't particularly like some of the places I where I currently reside.

So why am I unable to let my imagination run? Why am I afraid of exploring the possibilities of my wildest dreams?

Many years ago, I was similarly confined. I began to create collages as a way to dream and express those inner desires.
I created numerous collages of things that I loved. There were houses and beautiful rooms, paint swatches, cool furniture, and pictures.

One page was filled with beautiful places I wished to explore, far away and close to home. Another page was devoted to beautiful gardens filled with flowers, hammocks and my favorite; a small shed like structure that was furnished with a desk, typewriter, chair and a mason jar of wildflowers. A perfect place to write and day-dream.

Perhaps it is time to put aside the fear and begin to dream again.


No comments:

Post a Comment