Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Vacation

The first day of summer vacation was great!

I didn't have to wake to an alarm, instead I was greeting by the gentle light of the sun peeking through my curtains.

I made a pot of coffee and while it brewed I watched the cat stalk through the tall grasses in the backyard, looking for lizards. As a bonus, a hummingbird flitted onto a blossom and flew towards my window before taking off for another backyard of flowers.

The coffee was delicious, and I sipped slowly while writing in my journal. The warm biscuit with cherry jam was the perfect breakfast.

I went outside and turned my face to the sun. The smell of freshly cut grass filled my nostrils, as my guys mowed the yard.

Later I enjoyed catching up on the blogs I follow, and then reading without interruption. Pure bliss.

I ended my day in the yoga studio. It was my first visit in years, and it was wonderful to stretch all of those long forgotten muscles.

The first day of summer vacation did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment