Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All's Right with the Universe

I was filled with a trepidation.
Butterflies were banging against my rib cage,
but I didn't know why.

Something was in the air,
I sensed a change coming.
I went to work feeling strangely uneasy.
As the day went on, it was anti-climatic,
no phone calls, no emails, no summons to the principal's office.

This morning was busy, busy, busy.
It was late morning before I pulled up my email.
Then I saw it- the reason I had been feeling so anxious.
The message was brief- thanks, but no thanks.
We've chosen someone else to fill the position.

I wasn't surprised, and emotions were swinging
from disappointed to vaguely relieved.
If things had gone the other direction,
I think I would have eventually felt trapped here.

The universe will align itself to point me in a different direction,
my destiny will eventually take me elsewhere.
The butterflies are gone, I feel peace.

Maybe the anxiety was about landing the job.
Because this outcome feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment